BillionGraves 2.0 is now available for iOS and Android.
This new release comes with many new features and fixes:
- Simple New Design
- An all new simplified design makes it much easier to use. The new layout looks great in both portrait and landscape views, and runs faster than ever!
- Support for iPad and Android tablets
- BillionGraves 2.0 is available to use on your iPad. You can search records, view nearby cemeteries and check on your upload stats. Picture taking capability only available on 3G/GPS enabled iPads.
- The update also runs on all Android tablet devices with all the features that run on standard Android devices. Picture taking capability only available on GPS enabled devices.
- BillionGraves 2.0 now features a favorites list in the Records View where you can store and save record information of your ancestors, family members, or other records that are important to you.
- The favorites list allows you to easily access gravestone record information.
- Facebook and Twitter
- You can now easily share all of your exciting BillionGraves activity with your friends when you check-in to a cemetery or upload images.
- Linking Images
- You may have noticed there are quite a few headstones with more than one side. In the BillionGraves camera you will now find that there is a link button that allows you to connect multiple images of the same headstone.
- Just take the first picture, press the “link” button and take the next picture, press the “link” button again for other sides if necessary.
- BillionGraves for the iPhone and iPad now supports 3 different languages. English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Miscellaneous Fixes
- Uploading issues, “Force Quit” problems, and a few other minor bugs have been fixed.
Download the update today in Apple’s AppStore or in the Android Market.
Today we released version 1.3 of the Android version of the app. Most of the updates are things you won’t notice—fine-tuning, bug fixes, etc. However, with this update we’ve made peace with several phone models that were formerly hostile to the BillionGraves software.
Android phones vary widely in terms of hardware and software functionality. Not all phones support the type of GPS that can tag your photos’ locations within a reasonable margin of error for cemeteries; some phones just use GPS differently than the majority of the Android models out there.
This update includes patches and workarounds for a number of phones that didn’t support BillionGraves before. If you haven’t been able to run BillionGraves on your Android phone previously, try out this update. If it works for you, let us know; if it doesn’t, still let us know by emailing support @ billiongraves.com. Our development team is always working to improve your use and experience with BillionGraves.
The recent Android update included numerous bug fixes and one new feature: linking images. This feature is in response to the need we’ve found (and you’ve undoubtedly seen) to link multiple images of the same headstone so anyone looking for the ancestor buried under that stone can get all the information available.
Using this feature is very simple:
- Take a picture of one side of the headstone.
- Tap the linking icon (the two chain links in the bottom left corner).
- Take a picture of the other side of the headstone.
- Faster photo taking
- Ability to add a cemetery using an address (in case you can’t get to the cemetery and add it using your current location)
- The dashboard displays your transcription count along with your other counts
- A link to the User Guide from the Settings view (in case you have any questions while you’re using the app)
- Search records that have already been transcribed from within the app (searching on the website is still, of course, free).
- View a list of transcribed records whose GPS tags are near your current location.
- View an already transcribed photo on the map along with your current location (this makes it easy to navigate to a headstone in an unfamiliar cemetery).